Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grading on a Cable-Curve

I hate to say it, folks, but Bill O'Reilly is almost starting to sound reasonable these days. Of course, the real question is, is he actually reasonable, or does he just seem that way because I've also been watching Hannity and Olbermann? Hard to say. Whatever it is, though, I have in fact noticed it and, yes, felt the need to give him some credit for it......................................................BUT, before you think that I'm going to let the guy off the hook totally, think again. Still does Mr. O'Reilly persistently put himself at the cynosure of his interviews, think too often conspiratorially, and, yes, folks, the guy still puts forth his opinions as if they were instead finely honed facts.........................................................Take, for instance, his theory that the New York Times is only against strict immigration policies because it benefits the Democratic party. The New York Times, he further goes on to say, have, as a point on their agenda, the actual elimination of the two party system (poor immigrants will inevitably vote for the Dems, seek to further their particular needs via the welfare system, etc.). A draconian motivation, in other words...............................................................I mean, don't get me wrong here. The bastard may in fact be on to something. But, come on, me-buckos, it's still a frigging theory, for Christ................................................................Oh, and, yes, he's a mind-reader, too. I forgot to mention that.

No comments: