Sunday, February 8, 2009

Apologies to Stella

According to Rachel Maddow, folks, infrastructure spending is far more "stimulative" to the economy than tax cuts. And hell, who knows, maybe it is (though, yes, getting economists to agree on anything is itself a chore). But, still, I couldn't help but get a chuckle as I was listening to her. "What about the 'Bridge to Nowhere'?", I started thinking. I mean, seriously, folks, if stuff like that is stimulative to the economy, then instead of vilifying Sarah Palin, shouldn't we be loinizing the lady? She was stimulating the economy, Rachel! LOL..........................................................There, NOW do you see why I don't like partisanship?

5 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

Yes, I see why you don't like partisanship. Palin disgusts me for many reasons. I know too many highly intelligent conservatives, and she denigrates them.

Apologies to you, Will. I'm getting fed up with politics (but it won't last long). Truth to tell, some of my best exchanges were with conservatives, and everybody learns something.

Stella by Starlight said...

Oh, Will, no need to apologize.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I totally want the Democrats (and the country, too) to succeed here. Unfortunately, I'm starting to get the feeling that they might be blowing it, giving the Republicans a lot of red-meat to chew on, etc.. Stella, you and I could have come up with a better stimulus bill - one in fact where BOTH parties would have hated us. LOL

Anonymous said...

But will forgets it was Palins party that decried that Bridge to nowhere spending - including Moose Palin herslf with her mocking "Thanks but no thanks" for the bridge money that she kept, ans spent, but built no bridge so still got stimulated.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I didn't forget that at all. In fact, I criticized Palin for being disingenuous on the issue. And also for the record, I'm not a Republican. I'm especially not a fan of their most recent foreign policy miscalculations. Here's to hoping that Obama doesn't repeat these miscues in Afghanistan.