Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dotting the I, Crossing (Moving) the Muslim

Barack Obama's most ardent supporters are always quick to point out that their candidate is a new breed of politician, that he goes about his business differently, less partisanly (post-partisan, I believe is the term that they use), etc.. And, yes, in many ways the guy truly has been a breath of fresh air (in an inspirational sense, at the very least). But, I'm also telling you, folks, so, too, have I seen some confounding evidence here/things that lead me to believe that, yes, he is in fact quite typical; his move to the center once he got the nomination, his decision not to go with public financing, stuff like that...................................................Of course, if you're bound and determined not to believe me/continue to think that this young man is a heroic figure, then what about this? Remember when Obama was about to give a speech, and his handlers saw those two Muslim women in scarves seated behind him, and how, before the speech got started/the television cameras started to roll, those two women were asked to move? Yeah?......................................................I mean, talk about acting out of PURE political expediency, accepting the roll of a typical politician, etc.. I think it was that that cued it for me, folks/led me to believe that Barack Obama is in fact quite typical, after all......................................................P.S. Not that this was a bad "strategic" move to make. This, I'm saying, in that it probably would have looked bad to have the candidate being in such a close proximity to Muslim looking individuals. My only beef is that it wasn't in any way a new/courageous way of dealing with the problem (not to imply that Muslim-Americans are necessarily/inherently a "problem", of course). That's all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO FUCK YOURSELF

IrOnY RaGeD said...

Eloquent as usual Clif.

I'm always amazed at the breadth and depth of your vocabulary...

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Why does Clif get so upset? I didn't say that Obama was a bad man. I just said that he isn't (in my opinion) necessarily the "new breed" of politician everybody says he is. I voted for him (obviously with a lot less enthusiasm than Clif LOL).

Anonymous said...

You seem like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth Will. Take a stand for once.

Anonymous said...

mr you got it wrong what you are seeing is Will talking out his ASS