Tuesday, July 23, 2013

So, You Want to Save the Planet, Do Ya'?

My suggestion - stop ingesting meat. Yeah, that's right (and as I've reported on before), the livestock industry contributes far more in terms of man-made greenhouse gasses than all forms of transportation (planes, trains, automobiles, buses, etc.) COMBINED (my source - the 2006 UN Agricultural Report). And if that doesn't convince you, just try wrapping your brains around this little tidbit. According to Clarke award-winning geologist, Ian Plimer, you would have to drive a diesel automobile nearly 10,000 kilometers to generate the greenhouse effect of ONE COW FOR ONE DAY....Oh, and if you're also worried about wasting water, Professor Plimer has a stat for that as well. According to him, it takes approximately 500 liters of water to produce 1 liter of milk. Bottoms up, all of you meat-eating environmentalists/hypocrites.

7 comments:

Jerry Critter said...

You would free up a lot of farmland too that is now used to provide feed to the animals.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

You're on the case, Jerry.

Rusty Shackelford said...



Not for me Will.....I want that medium rare bone in Rib Eye....sorry I'll pass.

dmarks said...

Its great when Jerry provides something thoughtful, instead of mere knee-jerk defense of and deference to power and authority.

Barlowe Bayer, A Very Stable Genius said...

Sounds like something a pansy-ass Liberal would say. I took some clients out to lunch the other day and ordered myself a big juicy steak. It tasted wonderful and I didn't feel guilty in the least. In fact, I said to myself "you deserve this". I asked the clients how they liked their steaks and they both agreed that they were scrumptious.

dmarks said...

You can't very well assemble a Weber kettle grill inside a crawlspace.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I figured that you would be a holdout, Russ.......BARLOWE! Welcome back. Pansy-assed, maybe, but liberal, you'll probably get an argument on that one.......I hear you, dmarks, some definite logistical issues on that one.