Friday, February 19, 2010

Obviously Oblivious

It's a fact, folks. Sometimes the truth really is right in front of you. I mean, just take a gander at Chuck Heston, for Christ. He's on this planet, right, and the apes on the planet are talking. But not only are they frigging talking there, THEY'RE SPEAKING IN PURE ENGLISH!!!!! I mean, I know that it was only a movie and all but, PLEASE, shouldn't the light-bulb have gone off at least a little sooner/did Chuck really need to see the Statue of Liberty covered up to its armpits in sand? I'm just asking, folks.

7 comments:

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Yeah, yeah, I know, it was a "madhouse, A MADHOUSE!!"

Teeluck said...

It is actually a funny show

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Get your hands off me, you damn dirty ape!! That was a terrific line. LOL

Ren_Höek said...

Soundz racist 2 me

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

He was definitely stereotyping! LOL

Commander Zaius said...

The same thing drove me crazy about Stargate: SG1. While they did often introduce the idea that the scattered humanoid cultures that encountered across the galaxy did speak another language they never really, to my knowledge, had an issue talking with anyone.

Now Star Trek got away with it because they had access to some sort of universal translator that according to the last Star Trek movie devoted to the original crew was worn in their ears.

I chalk most of the English speaking aliens and chimps to sheer arrogance on our part.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Good point about Stargate SG1. I was probably too enamored with Claudia Black to fully ascertain that particular absurdity.