Friday, October 2, 2009

Relative Urgency

Let's see if gotten this straight here, folks. The previous president (a Republican) basically ignored Afghanistan for seven years. And THAT, evidently, WASN'T a problem - this, according to the Republicans in Congress/media conservatives? But now - now that the current president (a Democrat) wants to take a couple of weeks before he makes the biggest foreign policy decision of HIS young Presidency, delay is suddenly a big sign of weakness? Correct me if I'm wrong here, kids, but that sounds a little inconsistent................................................................................I mean, don't get me wrong here. The President absolutely HASN'T handled this perfectly. Like I've said in other posts, he's basically boxed himself into this nasty situation. But, really, for the right to be so constantly shooting buckshot at him, I don't know, I think we're really getting close to overkill.

2 comments:

Oso said...

I hear that.And it really cheapens the criticism.

The loony right reacts to Afghanistan and the Chicago Olympic deal and the (non)controversy over a birth certificate with the same shrill hysterics.

They probably get it from their leaders.Beck,Rush.The hysterical whining over anything Obama or a Democrat does,the hysterical whining over accusations of racism,the hysterical whining over nonexistent persecution.

Bunch of punks.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I was happy to see Senator Graham put a little smack-down on Beck. He called him crazy, I believe. Except for his hawkishness, I always kind of liked Graham. I think he also said that Obama was a good man.....As for that Olympic thing, very minor. While the optics may have been a little less than ideal, it'll be off the radar in minutes.