Monday, April 30, 2007

Once, Twice, Three Times an Idiot

Per usual, Mr. O'Reilly, your reductionism gets the best of you. This, I'm saying, in that there are far, far, far more than three perspectives relative to the Iraq war. Just take me, for example. I love my country. I root for my president, regardless of his party. When, however, this president does something as incredibly stupid as to invade and OCCUPY a Middle Eastern country (one, evidently, that he himself had NO understanding of prior to the invasion), then, yeah, I'm going to call him on it. And when he tries to dig himself AND MY COUNTRY deeper and deeper into what Senator Hagel has properly called " a meat grinder", I'm gonna call him on that, too. As for our going in there (i.e., to liberate) being a "noble" thing, noble shmoble. Nobility had NOTHING to do with it. We went in there supposedly for self defense - remember? Well, guess what, our defenses, because of this blunder, have been seriously damaged. This, I'm saying, in that if in fact another rogue state(one that might actually BE a threat, HELLO!) tries to cause some trouble on the world stage, we wouldn't have the troops/ capability (never mind the credibility) to do a whole hell of a lot to stop them. We've shot our load, in other words, dude! Think about THAT, would you, when you criticize the critics of this fine president of ours.

No comments: