Look, I admit it, I haven't seen the movie but when the most recent translator of the Odyssey (her name is Emily Wilson) informs me that the dialogue is inappropriate and that the main character is far removed from what Homer had brought us I'm not going to have any problems ranking it below "On the Waterfront", "The Bridge on the River Kwai", "The Searchers", "Goodfellas", "From Here to Eternity" and a few more.
Sunday, August 2, 2026
On the Latest Film Adaptation of Homer's the "Odyssey"
The reviews of course have been luminous (in part, I'm sure, because it satisfies all of the DEI requirements for Oscar consideration) and maybe it is a good film, but this one reviewer in particular did go a bit overboard. He actually called it the greatest film of all time.
Look, I admit it, I haven't seen the movie but when the most recent translator of the Odyssey (her name is Emily Wilson) informs me that the dialogue is inappropriate and that the main character is far removed from what Homer had brought us I'm not going to have any problems ranking it below "On the Waterfront", "The Bridge on the River Kwai", "The Searchers", "Goodfellas", "From Here to Eternity" and a few more.
Look, I admit it, I haven't seen the movie but when the most recent translator of the Odyssey (her name is Emily Wilson) informs me that the dialogue is inappropriate and that the main character is far removed from what Homer had brought us I'm not going to have any problems ranking it below "On the Waterfront", "The Bridge on the River Kwai", "The Searchers", "Goodfellas", "From Here to Eternity" and a few more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment